Patrick Gaudreau has research interests in:
- Applied social psychology (education, sport, and physical activity)
- Sport and academic success (achievement and retention)
- Educational effects of personal digital devices (laptop, phones, tablets)
- Coping and stress
- Goal setting, goal striving, and goal attainment
- Perfectionism, optimism
- Self-determination, achievement goals, implementation intentions
- Meta-analysis, multi-level analyses, latent classes and trajectories, structural equation modeling
- Preventive sciences, randomized control trials
- Applied Social Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Personality, Individual Differences
Research Group or Laboratory:
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Carraro, N., & Gaudreau, P. (2011). Implementation planning as a pathway between goal motivation and goal progress for academic and physical activity goals. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41, 1835-1856.
- Carraro, N., & Gaudreau, P. (2010). The role of implementation planning in increasing physical activity identification. American Journal of Health Behavior, 34, 298-308.
- Franche, V., Gaudreau, P., & Miranda, D. (in press). The 2 x 2 model of perfectionism: A comparison across Asian Canadians and European Canadians. Journal of Counseling Psychology.
- Gaudreau, P. (in press). Goal self-concordance moderates the relationship between achievement goals and indicators of academic adjustment. Learning and Individual Differences.
- Gaudreau, P. (2012). A methodological note on the interactive and main effects of dualistic personality dimensions: An example using the 2 x 2 model of perfectionism. Personality and Individual Differences. 52, 26-31.
- Gaudreau, P., Amiot, C. E., & Vallerand, R. J. (2009). Trajectories of affective states in adolescent hockey players: Turning point and motivational antecedents. Developmental Psychology, 45, 307-319.
- Gaudreau, P., & Antl, S. (2008). Athletes’ broad dimensions of dispositional perfectionism: Examining changes in life satisfaction and the mediating role of sport-related motivation and coping. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 30, 356-382.
- Gaudreau, P., & Blondin, J.-P. (2004). Differential associations of dispositional optimism and pessimism with coping, goal attainment, and emotional adjustment during sport competition. International Journal of Stress Management, 11, 245-269.
- Gaudreau, P., & Blondin, J.-P. (2002). Development of a questionnaire for the assessment of coping strategies employed by athletes in competitive sport settings. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 3, 1-34.
- Gaudreau, P., Carraro, N., & Miranda, D. (2012). From goal motivation to goal progress: The mediating role of coping in the Self-Concordance Model. Anxiety, Stress & Coping, 25, 507-528.
- Gaudreau, P., Fecteau, M.-C., & Perreault, S. (2010). Individual self-determination and relationship satisfaction of athletes in dyadic sports: Examining the moderating role of dyadic self-determination. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 22, 34-50.
- Gaudreau, P., Nicholls, A., & Levy, A. R. (2010). The ups and downs of coping and sport achievement: An episodic process analysis of within-person associations. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 32, 298-311.
- Gaudreau, P., & Thompson, A. (2010). Testing a 2 x 2 model of dispositional perfectionism. Personality and Individual Differences, 48, 532-537.
- Gaudreau, P., & Verner-Filion, J. (2012). Dispositional perfectionism and well-being: A test of the 2 x 2 model of perfectionism in the sport domain. Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology, 1, 29-43.
- Hurst, J. R, Thompson, A., Visek, A. J., Fisher, B., & Gaudreau, P. (2011). Towards a dispositional version of the Coping Inventory for Competitive Sport. International Journal of Sport Psychology, 42, 167-185.
- Louvet, B., Gaudreau, P., Menaut, A., Genty, J., & Deneuve, P. (2009). Revisiting the changing and stable properties of coping utilization using latent class growth analysis: A longitudinal investigation with soccer referees. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 10, 124-135.
- Nicolas, M., Gaudreau, P., & Franche, V. (2011). Perception of coaching behaviors, coping, and achievement in a sport competition. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 33, 460-468.
- Soucy Chartier, I., Gaudreau, P., & Fecteau, M.-C. (2011). From dispositional affect to academic goal attainment: The mediating role of coping. Anxiety, Stress & Coping, 24, 43-58.
- Thompson, A., & Gaudreau, P. (2008). From optimism and pessimism to coping: The mediating role of academic motivation. International Journal of Stress Management, 15, 269-288.
- Verner-Filion, J., & Gaudreau, P. (2010). From perfectionism to academic adjustment: The mediating role of achievement goals. Personality and Individual Differences, 49, 181-186.
- Fundamentals of Social Psychology
- Human and Social Motivation: Theory and Research
- Social Motivation
School of Psychology
University of Ottawa
136 Jean-Jacques Lussier
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
- Phone: (613) 562-5800, x4308
- Fax: (613) 562-5147