Patrick Gaudreau has research interests in:
- Applied social psychology (sport, education, physical activity)
- Coping and regulation of emotions
- Goal striving, goal attainment, inter-goal conflicts
- Perfectionism, optimism, self-control
- Self-determination, achievement goals, implementation intentions
- Meta-analysis, multi-level analyses, latent classes and trajectories, structural equation modeling
- Applied Social Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Personality, Individual Differences
Research Group or Laboratory:
- Franche, V., Gaudreau, P., & Miranda, D. (in press). The 2 x 2 model of perfectionism: A comparison across Asian Canadians and European Canadians. Journal of Counseling Psychology.
- Gaudreau, P. (in press). Goal self-concordance moderates the relationship between achievement goals and indicators of academic adjustment. Learning and Individual Differences.
- Carraro, N., & Gaudreau, P. (2011). Implementation planning as a pathway between goal motivation and goal progress for academic and physical activity goals. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41, 1835-1856.
- Carraro, N., & Gaudreau, P. (2010). The role of implementation planning in increasing physical activity identification. American Journal of Health Behavior, 34, 298-308.
- Gaudreau, P. (2012). A methodological note on the interactive and main effects of dualistic personality dimensions: An example using the 2 x 2 model of perfectionism. Personality and Individual Differences. 52, 26-31.
- Gaudreau, P., Amiot, C. E., & Vallerand, R. J. (2009). Trajectories of affective states in adolescent hockey players: Turning point and motivational antecedents. Developmental Psychology, 45, 307-319.
- Gaudreau, P., & Antl, S. (2008). Athletes’ broad dimensions of dispositional perfectionism: Examining changes in life satisfaction and the mediating role of sport-related motivation and coping. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 30, 356-382.
- Gaudreau, P., & Blondin, J.-P. (2004). Differential associations of dispositional optimism and pessimism with coping, goal attainment, and emotional adjustment during sport competition. International Journal of Stress Management, 11, 245-269.
- Gaudreau, P., & Blondin, J.-P. (2002). Development of a questionnaire for the assessment of coping strategies employed by athletes in competitive sport settings. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 3, 1-34.
- Gaudreau, P., Carraro, N., & Miranda, D. (2012). From goal motivation to goal progress: The mediating role of coping in the Self-Concordance Model. Anxiety, Stress & Coping, 25, 507-528.
- Gaudreau, P., Fecteau, M.-C., & Perreault, S. (2010). Individual self-determination and relationship satisfaction of athletes in dyadic sports: Examining the moderating role of dyadic self-determination. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 22, 34-50.
- Gaudreau, P., Nicholls, A., & Levy, A. R. (2010). The ups and downs of coping and sport achievement: An episodic process analysis of within-person associations. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 32, 298-311.
- Gaudreau, P., & Thompson, A. (2010). Testing a 2 x 2 model of dispositional perfectionism. Personality and Individual Differences, 48, 532-537.
- Gaudreau, P., & Verner-Filion, J. (2012). Dispositional perfectionism and well-being: A test of the 2 x 2 model of perfectionism in the sport domain. Sport, Exercise, and Performance Psychology, 1, 29-43.
- Hurst, J. R, Thompson, A., Visek, A. J., Fisher, B., & Gaudreau, P. (2011). Towards a dispositional version of the Coping Inventory for Competitive Sport. International Journal of Sport Psychology, 42, 167-185.
- Louvet, B., Gaudreau, P., Menaut, A., Genty, J., & Deneuve, P. (2009). Revisiting the changing and stable properties of coping utilization using latent class growth analysis: A longitudinal investigation with soccer referees. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 10, 124-135.
- Nicolas, M., Gaudreau, P., & Franche, V. (2011). Perception of coaching behaviors, coping, and achievement in a sport competition. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 33, 460-468.
- Soucy Chartier, I., Gaudreau, P., & Fecteau, M.-C. (2011). From dispositional affect to academic goal attainment: The mediating role of coping. Anxiety, Stress & Coping, 24, 43-58.
- Thompson, A., & Gaudreau, P. (2008). From optimism and pessimism to coping: The mediating role of academic motivation. International Journal of Stress Management, 15, 269-288.
- Verner-Filion, J., & Gaudreau, P. (2010). From perfectionism to academic adjustment: The mediating role of achievement goals. Personality and Individual Differences, 49, 181-186.
- Fundamentals of Social Psychology
- Human and Social Motivation: Theory and Research
- Social Motivation
School of Psychology
University of Ottawa
136 Jean-Jacques Lussier
Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
- Phone: (613) 562-5800, x4308
- Fax: (613) 562-5147